IAN MARSH is a Senior Principal at Park Street Public. Ian is an experienced political strategist and government relations professional, advising private sector companies, nonprofit organizations, and trade associations on issues related to commerce, health care, energy, consumer products, and transportation. He is known for his thoughtful strategic advice, vast knowledge of the legislative process, and deep relationships at the State Capitol.
Ian has spent the entirety of his two-decade professional career in the halls of the Minnesota State Capitol. Prior to joining Park Street Public in 2019, Ian worked for seven years at Lockridge, Grindal, Nauen P.L.L.P. in the firm’s government relations department representing various clients at the State Capitol.
Ian previously served as a key leadership staffer in the Minnesota House, serving several leaders including the Speaker of the House. In the 2010 election cycle, he led the House Republican Caucus’ campaign efforts netting 25 seats and the majority, the largest legislative campaign victory in the nation. Ian holds a B.A. from Bethel University.
- General Consulting
- Government Relations – Commerce
- Government Relations – Consumer Products
- Government Relations – Energy
- Government Relations – Environment and Outdoor Recreation
- Government Relations – Health Care
- Government Relations – Transportation
- Procurement – State and Local Government
Awards & Recognition
- American Fellow, American Council of Young Political Leaders (ACYPL) and Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) to Indonesia, 2015
- Top Legislative Staff by Politics in Minnesota, 2012
- Team Leader, American Council of Young Political Leaders (ACYPL) to Vietnam, 2010
- Delegate, American Council of Young Political Leaders (ACYPL) to Romania and Hungary, 2007
- Policy Fellow, Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, 2004-05
- Improving Access to the Judiciary Award, Minnesota Supreme Court, 2001
Boards & Committees
- Member, Energy and Environment Committee, Minnesota Chamber of Commerce